Saturday, May 22, 2010

So I'm Working Really Hard...

Back in January I received a letter from TMCC stating that due to budget cuts the Nursing Program would be effected in the way of student cuts... Apparently "student cuts" were easier than cutting other programs. Unfortunately, I was one of the 167 students that was "cut" from the program. When this news arrived in an email, I went directly to the only other place that I knew I could make it. Apollo College. The only thing the campus here in Reno teaches is Nursing. I was so excited when they offered me a spot, but there was a problem. My financial aid was denied for the 2010-2011 year. So what am I to do now? Joe and I had made an agreement as long as I go to school he would work extra hours and pay the bills until I was done... Well, since I was not able to attend Apollo this fall, I chose another route. I signed up for Milan Institute for the Massage Therapy program. The program is only 8 months long and I start in June, and graduate February 1, 2011. Its exciting to be able to contribute to our financial situation. I am going to finally feel better about our deal. I want to help so that Joe is not so stressed any more so we will see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment